Monday, August 31, 2009

Lights Out

Beth does not like change. Any changes we make to her routine need to be done gradually. She is also a night owl. It is not unusual for her to still be awake at 1:00 or 2:00 in the morning. Lately however, she has been turning off her alarm and going back to sleep. Go figure. :)

On one such morning recently, after I prodded and pushed her to get up, get dressed and get ready for her bus, she stormed out of the house, yelled, "Stupid family!" and slammed the front door. *Sigh.* When she got home that afternoon, in a good mood I might add (she seldom stays mad for long) I talked to her about her attitude that morning. I told her that starting next week, she was going to have to go to bed earlier. Not wanting to give her a 'bedtime' (afterall, she IS almost 25) I told her there would be a 'lights out'. No TV, no music and no singing after a certain time. She was very accepting and agreed to the new rule. That was last week.

The new rule starts tonight. I reminded her again today and she nodded her head like, "Yea, yea, I know." I'll let you know how it goes!

No comments: