Thursday, October 10, 2013

Back When A Gallon Of Gas Was $1.21

Back when Ronald Reagan was President...
When a postage stamp cost only 20 cents...
When the Dow Jones high was just 1,287...
When the national debt was a mere $1.5 trillion...

Back in 1984...

On October 10...

Chuck and I had our first child.

We named her Elizabeth Meigan.


She was an easy baby. Slept through the night in the hospital; fussed only when she was hungry or wet... listening to other moms I knew I had it good!





Beth was born in the 10th month, on the 10th day, at exactly 10:00 at night. Pretty special, I think! She has taught me so much over the years, most importantly how to care for the really important things. It doesn't matter what you wear, what color hair you have, if your ears are pierced or not. What does matter is your heart and how you treat people. Do you arrive on time? Do you show respect to those around you? Are you helpful? Those things make a difference in our society and I hope I do as good a job as Beth does.





We love you so much Beth! Happy 29th Birthday! 

7 comments:

Kristin said...

Happy birthday Beth!!!!!

Unknown said...

Happy birthday, Beth! I hope your day was fantastic.

Thanks for sharing all those pictures, Cindy! I love the one of Beth in the rocking chair.

Caz said...

Happy birthday Beth, and congratulations Cindy on 29 years of fantastic parenting. Love all the smiles.

JC said...

Happy Birthday to Beth, hope she had a great day!!

Becca said...

Happy, happy, happy birthday, Beth!!! Oh, you certainly DO have a good heart, and I know you've helped to ensure that those around you work to have them, too. <3

Anna Theurer said...

Happy birthday, Beth! I love seeing all of the flashback photos :)

Michelle said...

Happy 29th birthday (belated!) to Beth! Enjoyed seeing the younger year pictures of her!