Sunday, October 6, 2013

Sweety Bear

It was 27 years ago today that I gave birth to a beautiful baby girl. We already had one baby and to be honest, I didn't know how I could love another one. But then I looked into her sweet, innocent face.


I fell head over heels in love with her! She was perfect. A perfect little nose, a little chin, I adored everything about her. And she was such an easy baby; she slept through the night even while we were still in the hospital; she only fussed if she was hungry or wet. This kid was a breeze!

As she began to grow she learned everything so quickly, was always happy and nothing really bothered her. Except her sisters, of course. One of her key phrases became, "Mom! She's boooothering me!" The more drawn out the bother was, the more they were really bothering her! I guess it's tough being the big sister. :)






When Sharaya was about a year old, I used to play a song called Sweety Bear. It was on a 45 rpm record and I don't remember the whole thing but I do recall something about 'sweet as sugar' and 'a fudge eclair, oh how I love my sweety bear.' I would sing this to her and she would tilt her head almost to the point of falling over! We would all laugh, she was SO cute! And, well, the name stuck. Even today I sometimes find myself referring to her as Sweety Bear.


 



We've come a long way from those Sweety Bear days. She's a wife now and has a 'sweety bear' of her own.

 




 










Sharaya, I still absolutely adore you! You make me smile, you make me proud. You are an amazing wife and mother, and I know God has incredible things for you and your family. Keep your eyes on the Lord and He will direct your paths. I love you! 

Happy Happy Birthday Sharaya!

2 comments:

JC said...

Beautiful post, such sweet pictures! Happy Birthday to Sharaya :)

Kristin said...

happy birthday Sharaya!