Sunday, February 4, 2024

Mother-Daughter Day

Friday started with me going to the walk-in clinic. Even though I'm feeling pretty good I've had this sore throat off and on for a couple weeks and wanted to figure out what was causing it. Tested negative for strep, and the doctor thinks it's just post nasal drip. So now I'm on nose spray, and drinking warm tea with honey. I pray this is the end of all this.
 
Our first stop was Michaels. I needed some paper for my greeting cards and she needed... can you guess? 😊 See them? They're already in the cart. She was looking at a Valentine's coloring book, but decided not to get it.
 

 Our next stop was Target but I didn't get any pictures. We bought some valentines things for my Sunday school class and a few other things that I don't quite remember.
 
Then we headed to Hobby Lobby. Oh we love that store! We bought some new decorations for Easter, one was the three crosses with white cloth draped over it, it's stunning. Beth spotted it and pointed it out to me. When I took it off the shelf and showed it to her she said her eyes were wet. "I get emotional when I see that." Her love for the Lord is so strong and genuine.
 

 I asked her where she wanted to have dinner and listed a few different places. She chose Chick-fil-a. We got the chicken nuggets with fries, I got sweet tea and she chose root beer. On the way out to the car we talked about how much fun we'd had that day!
 
 

5 comments:

Susan said...

Sounds like a fun shopping day! I was at Michael's today and plan to get to Hobby Lobby this week.

Rebecca Jo said...

What a precious heart Beth has.
Sounds like a perfect Daughter-mom day - I want to go to Hobby Lobby now & look at Easter decorations

Cathy said...

That sounds like a perfectly wonderful day!

Terri D said...

How fun!! I would love to go to Hobby Lobby with you two! And Chick-fil-a as well!!

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Sounds like fun to me! I remember going shopping with my mother years and years and years ago! We'd always end up at a Woolworth's for an ice cream float or hot fudge sundae. Those were the days! Love all the fun stuff you did and bought. Love to see Beth's smile!!