Saturday, February 17, 2024

A Lost Tooth, Snuck a Peek at Work, You Know It's Time to go Home When...

I'm writing this at 2:00 on Friday, February 16. I only have a few minutes but wanted to get on here and at least START a post! We bought a new computer and now every time I try to log on, it makes me sign in with 'two-factor authentication' and sends the approval link to Chuck's phone! So if he's at work I don't know if he's on a break or if he's actually driving (a city bus) so I often just close out and try again when he's home. This time when I tried - completely forgetting about this new system - he was able to approve it right away. Woohoo! 
 
Before I get started I want to thank you for your comments on my last post. I'm humbled by your perspective of this ministry. Sometimes when you're in the middle of things it's hard to see it any other way than the one view you have.
 
Well, it's time to go pick Ally up from school. After I take her home, I'm going to Target. By myself. I just might come home with more than the one item I'm going there to get. 😄
 
Saturday, February 17
2:00pm
 
I went to Target for some undies and came home with that and a small side table, and a plant, and a laundry hamper... it was fun! I originally bought Beth a big clear bin to carry her laundry up and down the stairs but she needs two hands to carry it. So she usually brings up her overstuffed hamper one stair at a time, then puts her clean laundry into MY clear bin and leaves it there for a few days. So yesterday I found this basket that she can carry with one hand and limits the amount of clothes she can bring upstairs. I told her the basket will hold one load and she's to bring up just one load at a time. She tends to overfill the washing machine so I'm hoping this solves both those issues.



I've also been looking for a small table to go next to a chair I have in a corner of the office area. I liked this one the moment I saw it. Now I don't have to put my tea next to the old camera on the bookcase. So yeah, Target was fun!



Beth came up a couple weeks ago with something in her hand. She said she was eating a bagel and her tooth fell out. She had a root canal in 2021 and it just popped out, rod and all! She'd already had a dentist appointment scheduled for last week so they were able to look at it. The dentist was hoping he could just pop it back in but no, we had to make a new appointment. So she's walking around with a missing tooth, right in the front. Doesn't seem to bother her though.

I was walking through the church last week, passed some windows that overlook our main entrance when I saw Beth disinfecting the push bars on the front doors. She loves to disinfect and always does a really good job. 



 I needed some time outside recently so I headed down to my usual place at the waterfront. It was a gorgeous day and I was looking forward to just walking and taking some pictures.


After I got there I decided I wanted to head over to the other side of the ferry dock. I've been trying to seek the Lord more about His will for my life, what I do, where I go, etc. so I asked Him if I should walk or drive there. (Notice I didn't ask Him
IF I should go. I'm still learning.) I felt like He said to drive 'and if there's no parking spot, you know you should go home.' There's very little parking on that side and of course there were no empty spots so I...  waited. After 3-4 minutes a spot opened up. But it was on the opposite side of the road with the cars facing the other direction and I would have to back in... so I backed in. I put on my hat and scarf and got out of the car. It really was a beautiful day!


 I took one picture before heading over to the jetty and when I did my camera flashed 'low battery!' There was very little power left and honestly that never happens during the day! I charge it every night, I'm rarely on it during the day so for it to be almost out of power by 2:30 in the afternoon?! 

'Okay Lord, I get it. Sorry. I'm going home now.'

I don't know why He didn't want me there that day at that time but I know He had my best interest in mind. His plans for me are good, and I trust His timing. I'm grateful that He's so patient with me! 

4 comments:

Susan said...

I love that pretty hamper and that table is perfect for the area you showed. I might have to stop by there when I feel up to it. I hope things work out for Beth and her tooth! Love the ocean picture too!

Terri D said...

You did very well at Target!! The hamper and the table are perfect! I hope the dentist gets Beth's cap ready soon so her smile will shine again!! Have a happy Sunday!!

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Yep, sometimes we don't always appreciate or understand when God sends little detours or delays or absolute stop signs into our lives, but they are always for our good, whether we can see it or not. That's where trust comes in...and learning to trust His leading. Good thoughts for us today. So sorry about Beth's tooth, but glad she is doing okay with it and that it doesn't hurt apparently, and that it will soon be fixed hopefully. Love the hamper and the table. Good finds! Smart shopping! Take care and may God continue to guide you each step of the way!

Rebecca Jo said...

I used to have a tooth that the crown kept popping off - they would file it down more to make it stay on & eventaully, years later, they couldnt save it - it still makes me mad - they should have just gotten me a new crown.
Love that chair & table. I love little "nooky" places