Wednesday, January 24, 2024

An Update

 I was brushing Beth's hair the other day and she told me, "You need to color your hair. You have a lot of gray." 
 
Gee, thanks for pointing that out Beth. I explained to her the process for coloring your hair and the time and money it takes and I just don't want to go through all that. This is the way the Lord made my hair and I'm okay with it. "Okay" and out she went. "It's great chatting with you Beth!" 😄  
 
This illness - whatever it is now - just keeps hanging on. We have a couple of days where we feel really good, like it's finally over. Then we wake up the next day congested and blowing our noses again. And the cough, that has never gone away.
 
I find myself trying to figure out what I did - or didn't do - that made it relapse. 'Maybe I should eat more of this; maybe I just need more sleep...' Do you do that too? I know so many people who are sick though so I think it's just the season for it and it needs to run it's course. A friend and I were talking about the weather being a factor - so much rain and ice throughout the country lately. Maybe what we all need is a little warm sunshine for a few days! (See, there I go again!) 
 
I took Chuck to the doctor yesterday for a procedure but they ended up not being able to complete it. Now he needs to make a new appointment and they'll try again.
 
Let's see... Beth and I have dentist appointments next month. And hair appointments. Not a whole lot going on around here, can you tell?
 
I guess I'll stop here. I want to thank you for all your comments on my last post. I appreciate your prayers. We're not out of the woods yet.

8 comments:

Susan said...

I have heard several people say they are having a hard time with the new viruses. I have not got anything so far. I still color my hair, but it is getting harder. I do need a haircut. I hope you feel better soon!

Pamela M. Steiner said...

I had to go back and read your last few posts. I don't know why I had missed so many of them...and I didn't know you'd been sick (all of you!). I am so sorry! I can imagine it has been a very miserable month for you. At least you had a wonderful Christmas with your family before everyone got sick! Wow. Praying for you now and trusting God to completely heal each of you so you can get back to feeling good again and get back to your normal routines. Re: hair coloring...I do not color my hair for the reasons you said. Too much effort, expense, mess, etc. My hair was red when I was younger, and now it is a kind of auburn brown with gray/white streaks developing throughout. I will just let it go, because one thing I do not like is "fake red hair". Just let it be natural. I mean, after all, I am 73, and it's time to age gracefully! LOL. That's a nice way to put it anyway. I hope you all feel better really soon!!!

16 blessings'mom said...

Oh dear, I hope you get better soon. We had something like that around Christmas, my husband had it much worse. His cough just held on. We would start to feel better, then feel awful again. It's like your body is trying to tell you to slow down and rest up. Beth, so forthright, so sweet. :)

Billie Jo said...

I hear you...coughing! We are the same. I have heard the cough hangs on. Good Heavens,I pray we all get well soon!

Terri D said...

I don't think you are alone with the malady that won't let go. I am doing my best to stay away from it!! I sure hope you are all done with it soon!! Hugs!

Kelly McKenzie said...

I'm so sorry you've been ill. I had similar symptoms and it really helped when
I cancelled everything and just stopped. I was lucky it was during a quiet week and didn't have to cancel too much. I hope you're on the mend sooner than soon!

Visits With Mary said...

Seems to be a lot of illness this time of year, sure hope you feel better soon. I don't color my hair either, I figure I've earned all that gray hair. :)

Dianne said...

I gave up coloring my hair at 73, finally. It does save money! Get well soon!!