Friday, October 27, 2023

This and That

 Hi everyone - 
 
We've been keeping busy around here but thankfully there's been nothing too overwhelming.
 
Beth and I made cookies. Chocolate chip cookies! I usually keep them in a cookie jar and they become hard so I add a piece of bread to soften them up. This time I was too lazy to get the jar from the back of the cabinet so I grabbed a rubbermaid container, snapped the lid on... and those cookies have stayed so soft! Just how we like them! I guess the cookie jars just don't have a very good seal. Now I know!



This is all that's left today


We're already starting to decorate for Harvest Party on Tuesday. The last few years we've done a Trunk or Treat but this year we're back inside. When I first heard that, I was a little nervous thinking of all those people - the set ups, the mess - but custodians are able to come in on their day off so I've scheduled one custodian per floor to keep the trash cans empty and check on the bathrooms... and now I'm excited about it! Our theme is The Farm - can you tell? :)


 
I lowered our flags at work in honor of those killed in Maine earlier this week. It's so heartbreaking - another senseless shooting. My heart and prayers go out to all those affected by this.
 

Earlier this spring we started to hear pastors and speakers all over the country talk about a 'shaking.' Tim Sheets got a word from the Lord about 'shaking starting in 3 months.' That put it right around the end of September. One of our pastors got a word that said, "The time for preparation is over. The shaking as begun." Gina Gholston, Larry Sparks... so many talking about "It's time!" "The shaking has begun!" And across the nation and the globe:
 
San Diego had a hurricane
Eastern WA had devastating fires
Flooding in New York
Category 5 hurricane in Acapulco
Earthquake in Afghanistan
The war in Israel...

There was also this word: "The physical attacks happening to Israel will begin to happen spiritually to the churches." It seems the shaking really has begun. 
 
We had a Sacred Assembly this last Sunday, taken from Joel 2 when Israel was under attack and it's enemy seemed too great to overcome - "Even now," declares the Lord, "return to Me with all your heart, with fasting and weeping and mourning." "Blow the trumpet in Zion, declare a holy fast, call a sacred assembly. Gather the people, consecrate the assembly." And that's exactly what we did.
 
 

We combined both services into one, set up chairs in the foyer, in classrooms, the Commons, and got every person into the building for one service. We had a time of worship, of prayer, repentance, communion, anointing. There had to have been more than 2000 people there and every single person was anointed. It was such a holy time, repenting and calling on God. I truly believe He is in control and we don't need to be afraid. Just trust Him. He knows what He is doing.
 
Doing devotions in preparation for the Sacred Assembly
 

 I saw this on IG the other day -
 
 
I think about you often and hope you're doing well during this season. May you find the Lord's favor and may His goodness go with you each and every day.
 

5 comments:

Susan said...

I agree about the shaking and yes, God is in control. Your combined service sounds great. We have a prayer and worship night next week. We are doing Trunk N Treat. Your cookies sound great!

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Oh wow...I hadn't heard it called a "shaking", but I do believe it is happening all across the world. I definitely believe Jesus is coming soon and we all need to be ready. Thank you for sharing this with us...I appreciate this "word", and I believe God is moving across the land...shaking things up, people getting saved, revivals breaking out, praise God!

Terri D said...

I've not heard it called a shaking, but once again things seem to be lining up as we have been told. Let's be ready. God is always in control. I hope your event goes well!!

onceuponatimehappilyeverafter.com said...

My husband is in physical security with the Department of Defense. He told me today that it is beginning to look like the conflict in Israel and Gaza is going to expand to other regions in the Middle East. So scary. And our own country is just falling apart - at least in my eyes. Our economy, the immigration crisis, the morality crisis.

Your cookies look delicious. I haven't made chocolate chip cookies from scratch for years. I cheat and use those package mixes but there is nothing better than a homemade chocolate chip cookie. Proud of Beth to help with the baking.

Ernie said...

It really does look like there is so much turmoil happening when you list it. I can't imagine living in an area impacted by war. The shootings are so senseless. There is a lot to pray about.

My grandma used to put an apple wedge in her cookie tins. Hooray for Tupperware type containers and for soft cookies.