Wednesday, October 4, 2023

This and That

 I'm home from work today with a slight sore throat. It's not bad but I don't know what it is and don't want to spread it to anyone else. So I'll putter around the house, take some EmergenC and pray!
 
Chuck brought me flowers the other day, just because. I love that man!
 

 I hung a couple pictures of my granddaughters. Both on a swing as babies. And both with the greatest smiles! Allison (without the hat) will be 14 next month! And Adelaide is 9 months old now! She gets smarter every day. I love these girls!
 

 These pictures always make me smile!
 
 Allison
 
 
Adelaide


 I was thinking the other day - they are third generation girls. I'm the youngest of three daughters, I had three daughters and now my daughters are having daughters!
 
Me and my sisters Easter morning: L-R Kathy, Debbie, me

 
My girls Easter morning: Sharaya, Beth, Diana in front


And their girls. My heart 💗
 
 
Beth and I went to Michael's a couple weeks ago. 
You can probably guess which aisle she went to first...
 

 

Yep! I guess a girl can never have enough markers!
 
Then we get to the front and find it's all self-check out. We hadn't been there in a while and were a little surprised to see it. There was one checker down at the other end who would help if needed but they want you to do it yourself now. So many stores are going to this format. If stores are having a hard time hiring I can kind of understand the reason for it but I'm sure not a fan. It took us a few minutes to figure out the system but we finally did, and headed home.



I organized all our old home movies and reel-to-reels, and they fit perfectly in the photo boxes. The closet looks so much better.
 
We've put the oscillating fans back in the garage and now have the fireplace going most mornings. I'm loving fall!
 
 
That's about all from here. 
Have a wonderful rest of your week!
 

4 comments:

ellen b. said...

I haven't been in a Michael's for ages. I do remember long lines whenever I did need to buy something. I did guess what aisle Beth would head to. :) Happy October and cool mornings to you!

Terri D said...

I really don't like self-checkouts. Heavy sigh. I love that Beth likes markers! I do too! Easter dresses are so sweet. What has happened? No one dresses up for church anymore - not even our pastor! Hugs!!

Jeanie said...

Oh dear -- I hope it's just a nasty cold. I hate self-check (and no one wants to be behind me in one, either! I'm slow and bag things very methodically.) Take care -- loved the photos.

onceuponatimehappilyeverafter.com said...

Hope you are feeling better by now and enjoying a pleasant weekend. I probably need to go get my flu shot but I think we are going to skip the Covid booster this time around.

I was in Michael's today and used the self-checkout. One of my items didn't have a barcode, and I didn't see employees around the registers so I had to run to the back of the store to find a duplicate item with a tag and barcode. Was kind of irritating. What a crazy world we live in where no one wants to work and its self-serve everywhere.

Those babies - big and little - are precious angels. Love Beth's enthusiasm for new markers. Share some of her art with us!!