Wednesday, October 20, 2021

The Big Event!

There was the small ceremony in Boston on Wednesday. Then on Saturday they had a picnic for everyone who had come in from out of town for the reception. 

Then on Sunday, September 26 we woke up and got ready for the biggest event of the week! The girls all went to the salon and then met at Cairnwood at 2:00.

Cairnwood Estate ~











 The Sweetheart Table




When Diana told me they were going to have a photo booth I'll be honest, I was a little concerned. I imagined the kind you see at a shopping mall and I knew that wouldn't go with the vibe she was trying to create. But this thing was the hit of the party! It was big enough to hold a few people. And every single person in the photo got a strip and a 4x3, plus the guy put one strip and 4x3 onto a page that we got to write messages on, then he'll put those into a book for the bride and groom! It was a-m-a-z-i-n-g!


Me, Chuck, Beth and my sister Debbie.




 

Getting ready ~




While Diana and Peter were out taking pictures the rest of us got to enjoy Cocktail Hour. The servers came around with trays of the best hors d'oeurves! Everything I tried was so good. Everyone who tried anything said it was delicious!






I snuck outside to watch for a few minutes.




Then it was time for dinner and the introduction of the bride and groom!









Chuck and Sharaya, and Peter's dad and sister all made toasts, and after dinner we all went inside for the first dances. I'm standing to their left with my hands folded in front of me. Trying to hold back the tears. 

I wasn't the only one ~

 

Then the DJ cranked up the music and the party began! Dancing, drinking, laughter, it was so much fun!


 

Right after dinner my phone died so I don't have many pictures of the actual party. After it had been going for a while, Beth told Chuck she had wanted to sing. Diana had made a couple of comments during all the wedding planning about Beth maybe singing a song but honestly none of us thought she would actually go through with it so we never pursued it. Well, she did! And she sang loud enough to be heard over the track the DJ played! People were lined up against the walls and packed into the adjoining library to listen to her. She bravely stood there and sang Butterfly Kisses in front of everyone!



 

It was a wonderful night. A great way to end a weekend celebration of Diana and Peter becoming Mr. and Mrs.

Sharaya took these in Boston ~




 

8 comments:

Terri D said...

BETH!! Awesome! I wish there was a video so we could hear her sing! What an amazing venue that is! Gorgeous! Oh my, the bride looks amazing and so do all of you! That photo booth and making the book for the bride & groom is such a good idea! A wonderful wedding and party! Thanks for sharing it all with us! xo

ellen b. said...

Everything looked so lovely. What a great venue and it looks like everything was well done. Fun photo booth! The bride looked beautiful!

Barb said...

Hi Cindy~ What a beautiful wedding!! The bride was stunning! Butterfly Kisses...makes me want to cry. That is so sweet! I have really enjoyed going through all the before posts as well...what fun!!

Have a great rest of your week and week-end!

Jeanie said...

Oh Cindy, how glorious! The setting. The decorations. All the little touches like the photo booth. That glorious gown on the most beautiful of brides. Beth singing. What magic!

I've been following the other posts but haven't been able to comment. But this one -- this is the perfect magical moment!

Pamela M. Steiner said...

What an amazing wedding...I've never seen a wedding taking place over so many days and in so many different locations, but what a marvelous story and time for all of you! Just beautiful...and you all looked gorgeous. I love Beth's dress and so looked so very pretty. I wish we could have heard her sing. What did she sing? Just beautiful!!! So happy for all of you.

Meg said...

So wonderful! Thanks for sharing. Such a magical weekend. Congrats to the happy couple and their families. Must have been extra special to hear Beth sing.

I always enjoy reading about your family. I live in the NYC suburbs and love going to the City. Have to remind myself how lucky we are to able to hop on a train or bus any time. Glad you enjoyed your visit.

Susan said...

I loved all the beautiful pictures and that is great that Beth sang! My son had a photo booth too that was the hit of the wedding along with the candy bar! I have their wedding pictures at my webhome.
http://www.garden4mylord.com/DanielMelinda.html

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Oh my gosh, it's like a fairy tale. The bride is beautiful. The pictures are awesome. Thank you so much for sharing your day with me.