Thursday, November 8, 2018

Yay!! We Have Internet Again!!

Just before Chuck left for work Monday morning our power went out. I'm SO glad it happened when it did cause just a few minutes later and he would have already gone to work. 

Thankfully he came in and woke me up and when we both went out to the living room we realize it was awfully bright for us having no power! Well there were two utility trucks parked by our house and they were actually blocking our driveway.

 Beth is afraid of the dark so in just a matter of seconds she was coming up the stairs, with a scared, frustrated tone in her voice, "My light went off!" "Yeah, Beth they're working on the power pole out front."

 Chuck headed to work and I got out some candles. Even though it wasn't even 5:00 yet, I knew we were up for the day! Beth crawled into Chuck's chair and ended up falling back asleep while I ate breakfast and got ready for work.

By the time I got ready to leave the sun was coming up. I woke Beth up to tell her goodbye and I know she doesn't like to be home alone in the dark so I opened the blinds to the backyard so she could see it was actually morning. She said a very surprised "Oh!"  so I knew it was okay to leave her.

By the time we got home, a new power pole had been put in and our electricity was back on, but we had no cable or internet. I was kinda shocked that PUD would just cut all those lines, restore their own and then drive away!

When Chuck called to get our internet and cable restored he was told we could make an appointment and they could come out later in the week. Seriously?! So Wednesday the Xfinity tech came out and sat in his truck for the longest time. I had a meeting to go to at work and when I went out to my car, that's when he got out and told me they probably wouldn't restore it that day because our street is just too busy to string lines across. I brought him inside to talk with Chuck and I went to work.

He promised they would come out at 2AM and restore everything then. I happened to wake up at 3:45 (this morning) and they still hadn't been here. Chuck called again and they finally came out this afternoon.

In the meantime, I called PUD and asked them why on earth they would just replace a power pole at 5:00 in the morning with no warning?! She assured me they would never do that and when I told her I had pictures to prove it, she put me on hold. When she came back on she told me that there had been an accident in front of our house early Monday morning and a car had run into the pole. So in an emergency situation, they just replace the pole without any notice.

I accepted her answer, you know of course these things happen but I realize now, they still should have put a note on our door AND let us know all the lines they had disconnected so we knew exactly who we needed to call to get everything restored.

And then this afternoon, while Xfinity was here, the guy insisted our land line was not with them, it had to be with a different carrier, the line hanging down in front of our big picture window was not theirs... when in fact, it IS theirs!! Grrr! Chuck even confirmed it when he got home so I know I wasn't going crazy trying to convince this guy! 

So now we have to call them back out... what a bizarre week this has been!    


Billie Jo said...

Don't you just LOVE things like that???
Glad you are back online!!!

Rebecca Jo said...

That is all so frustrating!!!!!!
Poor Beth - not even realizing it was light outside. haah -I've done that sometimes. Especially with the time change, its lighter earlier - THANK GOODNESS!

Barb said...

Hi Cindy~

Nothing worse than dealing with a power company - and even worse, a phone/internet company! I guess they are just doing their job, but really, a little customer service would be nice... ;0)

Glad everything is working again...hopefully for a long time!!

Hugs and Love,

ellen b. said...

Wow, how very curious all these stories you were told were. Glad things are up and running again.