Sunday, November 19, 2017

Have You Seen It?

Chuck, Beth and I saw the movie Wonder last night. We cried, we laughed, we cheered. It was one of the best movies I've seen in a long time.


 Maybe because I could relate to the mom so much. Her fear over him going to school for the first time. The line mom says as they drop him off, (they've shown it in the trailers) "Oh God please let them be nice to him." I can't tell you how many times I've prayed that same prayer. Except for me it was, "Oh God please let them be nice to her."


Chuck and I were trying to find the word that would best describe the feelings we had while actually watching the movie with Beth. Our very own 'wonder' sitting right next to us. We actually never could really describe it! I kept looking over at her trying to see her reactions to certain parts of the movie. I think at one point she was crying.

It made me think of our other daughters, Sharaya and Diana and what they would think of the movie. I cried at the thought that maybe I treated them the same way the mom in the movie treated her daughter. If I did I didn't mean to. Movie mom didn't do it on purpose. But she found herself one day face to face with the reality that maybe it did happen.

I asked Beth later if any of those things ever happened to her and she said no. I kept getting more specific because both Sharaya and Diana have told us stories of bullying but Beth kept shaking her head and saying no one had ever been mean to her. (Although she kept reminding me of the time I was bullied when I was in Jr. High school. That she remembers.)

  
Wonder is heartbreaking and uplifting and makes you angry and happy... if you haven't seen it yet, I highly recommend it!

1 comment:

Barb said...

Hi Cindy~

I want to see, "Wonder"! I've heard it is an amazing movie.

I can sooooo relate to you. I didn't have a special needs child, but I do have a special needs granddaughter, who sometimes gets bullied. My prayers always include asking, Heavenly Father to help those around her to be kind, and for her to be strong and protected. So far we have been blessed.

Your photos are so adorable, you have such pretty girls! Beth is an amazing, beautiful young woman.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!

Hugs and Love,
Barb