Monday, March 11, 2024

Waves

 There is a school bus that stops in front of our house and when I saw the parents waiting with their kids this morning, a wave of nostalgia washed over me.

I was taken back to the 80's and 90's when my kids were in school. Beth was the only one who regularly rode a school bus and she started riding when she was only two. She rode the bus until she was 21, when she aged out of the school district. 




In high school Sharaya rode a transit bus. The students got free passes and thankfully it stopped just two blocks from our house. The trees were much smaller then and I could see the bus stop - and her - from our bathroom window. I still remember watching her each morning.



In elementary school Diana and her friends would walk backward down the street waving at me until they couldn't see me anymore. I can still hear them laughing as eventually I could only see their arms waving in the air.



With my dad




Today I occasionally pick up my GRANDdaughter from middle school! Time is just going way too fast.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What nice photos and memories! Nan

16 blessings'mom said...

Oh I hear you on the school bus nostalgia! My oldest was born in 1985, so she started going on the school bus in 1990. My fifteenth child is a senior this year, and the youngest is homeschooled, so this is the last year of the school bus stopping at our house...34 years straight, it'll be so strange not to have anyone going to school...I enjoyed your pictures, such sweet girls, love the jean jumpers, we had those too!

Rebecca Jo said...

Isnt it crazy how fast it goes!?!?!
Memories & pictures are so precious to look back on though!

ellen b. said...

Fun to look back and enjoy these moments. Kids in general grow so fast and grandkids grow double fast!!

Susan said...

I enjoyed the pictures you posted. I was just looking at picture of my kids when they are in school. Even my grands are growing up too fast now.

Regina said...

Oh such sweet memories.