Wednesday, March 20, 2024

Long Days, Scans, and Shopping For Fun

 Lot's of little things going on around here.

Beth and I went shopping a couple weeks ago and she bought quite a few things. I had been to JC Penney earlier and saw a lot of clothes I knew she'd like. We're planning a trip this summer and I realized she doesn't have any shorts, plus she wanted to get a dress for Easter... she didn't find a dress but she did try on a bunch of things. She bought some shorts and t shirts, plus a yellow sweater that she hasn't worn yet. I think she's saving it for Easter.




The birds are making a nest in the wreath again. It's been fun listening to them chirp right outside the door.

We had a big conference at work last week. Lots of preparation, then three back-to-back 14-hour days. It took hundreds of us to make it happen and it was a huge success - pastors from all over the country were encouraged and pampered - and afterward I spent two full days in my recliner! This was my desk the week before the conference...



I put up a few Easter decorations... and so far this is all I've done! I got the wreath years ago at Michaels. It's one of those unfinished wreaths that you're supposed to fill with flowers or ribbon... But it looked so much like the Crown of Thorns, that's what I've been using it for. 



Chuck had his yearly scans last week, an MRI and CT scan to check for cancer. He's had panic attacks the last couple of MRI's so this time they gave him some anxiety meds to take at home. They worked! 



When he got in there he found it was a much bigger machine, with mirrors on the 'mask' that allowed him to see waterfalls and lakes, it was so much better for him! And, the report on My Chart was normal all around! 

I have a meeting with some of the people from the Chinese Fellowship on Sunday. Just to find out ways I can help with their event planning. Beth has a dentist appointment on Monday... just keeping busy. 

I pray you are healthy, and that spring is in full swing at your house!

4 comments:

Pamela M. Steiner said...

What fun to go shopping with Beth! Sound like she had a great time and found some nice things. Just time together makes it extra special. Wow on the big conference at your church. You really do have a full plate there with your job, but I am imagining you are very good at what you do. I'm sure it felt good to get it done and over with, however! Happy to hear Chuck's good reports and that the scan time wasn't has traumatic as it can be. God knows exactly what we need. I love your Easter decorations. Very appropriate. Thank you for sharing them with us. I'm a bit behind on mine...just can't seem to get with the program this year. But it will happen in due time. Take care and have a blessed and wonderful rest of your week.

Terri D said...

Beth has great taste! I would go shopping with her!! How fun! You work so hard for someone who just retired, my friend!! Planning events for big crowds is not easy! Sending a hug!!

Barb said...

Hi Cindy~ I always smile when I pull up your blog and see that adorable Beth, she's so precious! I love that you went shopping, and I love that yellow sweater, it will be perfect for Easter. It sounds like you have had a busy month, I'm glad the event is over, I'm sure it was wonderful! Happy Easter, Cindy. Your decorations are perfect, I love the wreath. Have a great rest of the week! Hugs, Barb

R's Rue said...

Hope Beth’s visit to the dentist goes well. Love the shopping pictures too.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com