Thursday, June 8, 2023

Jet Lag, Thorns, and a Warning!

 I'm sorry I haven't been posting - or reading - lately. I finally began feeling a little normal yesterday, had my first 'normal' night sleep Tuesday night. I was talking with a friend at work today and they heard it could take one day for every hour difference. I pulled out my phone to look at the calendar and yep, Tuesday was day 10! It's been crazy, and I didn't expect how hard it would be to get over jet lag. Have you ever struggled with it?
 
Work has been so busy since we got home. Plus trying to get caught up at home. The laundry, the yard work...
 
And, we leave early Saturday for New Jersey. We're going to see Diana, Peter and Adelaide for a few days. In fact, I didn't even put the suitcases away. I did laundry from Israel, and put a lot of the clothes right back in the suitcase! 
 
A local private high school is having their graduation in our Sanctuary tomorrow. We've spent weeks planning with the principal, various admin, Senior advisors... tomorrow morning is the rehearsal! It's finally here!
 
Sorry, this post seems to be so random, I feel like I'm just rambling. I'm creating a book on Snapfish of our Israel trip and it's been fun to re-live the memories. I'll leave you with a few of my favorite photos -
 
 Sunrise over the Sea of Galilee
 
 
The kind of tree they believe was used to make the crown of thorns. 
The thorns look a little flimsy but they're not. Trust me.



 An oil painting in Magdala, Mary Magdelene's home town
The woman with the issue of blood who touched the hem of His garment
The floor of this room is from the first century
 


 We went to the Jordan river, very close to the area where Jesus was baptized by John
In fact, the other side of the river IS Jordan

Our phones kept pinging, "Welcome to Jordan! Warning! Xfinity does NOT serve Jordan."
 
Hope you all have a wonderful weekend. See you in a week or two. 

8 comments:

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Oh, that painting and floor...wow...that is amazing. And that sunrise over the Sea of Galilee...I love that. It looks so calm and peaceful now... I am so happy for you to have had that once in a lifetime trip. No, I've never been there and never really thought about it because it seems like all we ever hear is about the wars and tensions over there, but it looks like you had a beautiful time. So thankful!! Praying for you as you travel again this week to see your sweet family and baby Adelaide. I know you can't wait! Is Beth going with you? I hope you have a wonderful time. Take care and get some rest when you can!

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful blog

Cathy said...

I love the pictures from your trip. Hope you have a great weekend.

Billie Jo said...

Hello! Welcome home, and have a great trip!

Terri D said...

Welcome home! I am not a world traveler but when we went to Italy,our tour guide told us to not sleep until bedtime in Italy. Try to stay away and walk a bit and the jet lag won't be so bad. We didn't even notice it over there and tried the same when we got home so it wasn't so bad. Have a blessed weekend!!

Rebecca Jo said...

I'm sure I would struggle with jet lag so badly myself.
That picture of the Sea of Ga6ilee... that needs to be printed & framed!!!
Have fun on your next trip to see family!!!

Jeanie said...

Re-entry is always very hard. Take your time -- we'll be here!

onceuponatimehappilyeverafter.com said...

That sunrise photo belongs in a frame and hanging where you will see it and be reminded daily of this experience. Just beautiful.

So excited that you are going to see your daughter and granddaughter. I know you are READY!!

Jet lag. I have been to France once and Germnay once. I felt like I did pretty well both times with jet lag. I was definitely tired but felt like that was as much from activity and excitement as anything. When PC and I went to France, we were exhausted on our last night as we took a boat ride and then ate supper. We took a selfie and our eyes were so glassy. That was probably the hardest day of all. And we still had the trip home to endure.