Saturday, January 25, 2020

Just Breathe

I left work at 3:00 yesterday afternoon and haven't been back since. I think this is the longest I've been away in the last 3 weeks. I've got 3 people working today so I know things are in good hands.

I've been listening to a song by Jonny Diaz called Breathe. I keep hitting the repeat button:

Ready set go, it's another wild day
When the stress is on the rise
In my heart I hear you say
"Just breathe. Just breathe.
Chaos calls but all you really need is to
just breathe."

That's what I've been doing today. I spent some time with the Lord this morning, remembering His faithfulness to me over the years and I'm beginning to feel like a human again. I did a load of laundry, emptied the dishwasher, mailed a card to a friend, filled the dishwasher... real human stuff! 😊 

I've still got some difficult things ahead of me at work but yesterday I trained two new people and I think they're going to be great! Two young guys who are strong and eager to work. Plus I've got two more applications on my desk from people who have applied so I'll talk to my boss when he gets back from vacation on Monday and get his thoughts on hiring them.

Until then I'm just going to breathe.
Whew. It feels good to breathe. 

Now on to other things ~

Sharaya gave me this card for Christmas:

  
When I opened it I heard my dad say, "Well hi sweety!" And of course I lost it. To hear his voice again was indescribable. She found a company that inserts a recording into a card or lets you insert the recording into a device that you can then put in a card, I'm not sure how it works to be honest but oh my goodness what a phenomenal gift for someone who's just lost a loved one!

We got Beth a bowling ball for Christmas. She's had two others but after a while they begin to crack and break apart. The guy at the sports shop told me that those were probably made of plastic and we needed urethane or resin. And this time she chose purple!

Measuring her fingers so they can drill the holes





Of course we had to bowl a couple of games when we picked up her bag and ball. I mean, what kind of parent would I be if I denied the family a good game of bowling, right?!



I honestly don't remember who won but I'm sure Sharaya or Diana could tell you. There's no competition in our family! Oh no, none at all! 😉

Have you ever been bowling?

6 comments:

Rebecca Jo said...

I'm so glad for you that you can finally BREATHE at work!!!
I would give anything for a card like that with my daddy's voice. All the feels.
So cool to have your own bowling ball that fits your hand. I'm super jealous

Regina said...

Oh Cindy that's so sweet! I'm tearing up just thinking about it.😢
Purple is a beautiful color for a bowling ball. My middle daughter loves purple and would choose that color too! The last time I went bowling was when my youngest daughter was in 4th grade and our homeschool group had had 4th grade girls bowling trip. Well I got distracted when I went out onto the lane with my bowling bowl but I stepped too far unto the ( do you know how slippery floor is where you are not to step?) and fell flat on my bottom. I got up quickly but no one from our group seemed to notice.
That was the last time I went bowling.

Billie Jo said...

Love bowling!!!!!!!
Flynn loves it so!
Prayers for you, and you are right.
Just breathe.
Isn't doing those normal daily tasks the best?
Hugs, my friend.

Barb said...

Hi Cindy~

I'm so glad you are finally getting some time off! I will have to look up the song, it sounds like a good one. I hope you can hire a few more people to help with what sounds like, never ending work!

I cried when you told us about the photo!! Oh my goodness, I wish I had a recording of my mom! My dad passed away too many years ago to even hope for a recording of his voice. What a priceless and thoughtful gift.

I love to bowl!! I used to be on three bowling leagues, and even had a purple bowling ball! We have tried to find a bowling alley that has open lanes on a week-night here and there just aren't any. I would love to take it up again! Loved your pictures!!

Have a wonderful week, Cindy!

Hugs and Love,
Barb

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Happy to hear that you have found some good help at work. Hopefully that will take some of the stress off of you so you can do your normal job! Love that photo of you and your dad, and the idea that his voice is there as well. I would "lose it" too if I had that. I haven't been bowling in many years. I am a lefty, and don't have a left handed ball of my own, and I really am not a good bowler. I mostly stay in the gutter. I love the purple ball your Beth chose. That looks like a ball that anyone could love!! Have a blessed week and I pray all is going well at work for you now.

ellen b. said...

So good to hear you got some breathing time from your job.
Oh my goodness...what a precious card/gift from your daughter! I can understand that you broke down in hearing your dad's voice.
Hope those new hires work out real well.
Bowling...yest we have enjoyed bowling. We gave our daughter her own bowling ball on one of her birthdays. Our son and dil met at a bowling alley on a bowling team. We need to find a time to go bowling again.
Hope Beth's new bowling ball lasts a long time.