Saturday, January 5, 2019

The Lion KIng!

For Beth's birthday back in October we got her tickets to see The Lion King at The Paramount Theater. Our tickets were for January 1st and we were so excited!

Sharaya and Allie came over on the 31st and we celebrated at midnight by clinking our glasses of Sparkling Cider and watching the fireworks at the Space Needle.

(Thanks Google!)


These two pictures are from 2017 but it's pretty much what happened this year too. 😊



We slept in January 1st and just hung out all day. We had a quiet, lazy day, it was nice! Then around 3:00 Beth and I started getting ready. 

I have absolutely NO sense of direction so I had been on the computer and had 'driven' to the theater on google maps. Chuck then gave me some directions and I wrote those down and studied them. Pitiful I know.  😅 But I was so nervous driving downtown by myself!

But we made it!! We sat in the parking garage for a few minutes and even I was surprised at how much I was shaking. I. Do. Not. Like. Driving. Downtown. 

But we were there and were so excited we could barely stand it!



Once we got inside we headed to the merchandise area and bought a mug and Beth got a key chain and a bag... 



When it started Rafiki came out on stage and blew everyone away! The actress was phenomenal! The whole show was amazing! It grabbed you at the very beginning and never let you go! We had so much fun!

  

4 comments:

Barb said...

Hi Cindy!

Happy New Year!! I'm so glad that you and Beth enjoyed the play!! What an amazing experience! You are brave to drive in downtown Seattle, and just so you know, my new hero!! Adorable pictures, Beth looks so happy!

Hope the new years brings you tons of joy!!

Hugs and Love,
Barb

Rebecca Jo said...

Isnt it amazing? I would love to see it again.
I just found my fleece jacket I bought from the show...I just washed it up & cant wait to wear it again

Saimi said...

Oh my goodness what an incredible show, I can just imagine it all!! You are a brave girl to take on downtown Seattle. Man I'm with you I do not like city driving especially Seattle, the hills and one ways makes it crazy and confusing. I'm proud of you for taking it on and wow aren't you glad! Being able to see the show, I'm sure made it all worthwhile! The fireworks looks awesome over the Space Needle so very pretty indeed!!
Happy New Year!!!
Saimi

ellen b. said...

Good for you for braving that drive downtown! Glad the show was worth it.