Thursday, October 6, 2016

Such A Total Doll!

We decided to go ahead with the c-section but only if Chuck could be with me when they gave me the spinal block. I had been in active labor for more than 30 hours, and was still having contractions when they started the surgery. I was shaking and crying and I thought could feel it! The cutting and pulling... I told them I could feel them in my abdomen and I could hear them cutting!

The last thing I remember was the anesthesiologist's arm reaching over my face. Apparently I was freaking out so they put me out. And when I woke up in recovery, there was Chuck with a huge smile on his face!

"We have another girl!" 

Our beautiful baby Sharaya Dawn. 
October 6, 1986
9:45am

This is what I wrote in my journal, "She's such a total doll! Huge blue eyes! Her fingers and toes are long. She's warm, cuddly and an angel!"

She looked exactly like Chuck. He was even biting his lip in his newborn picture too!




This girl has brought us so much joy over the years.


She was always smiling and was the peacemaker among our girls.









 I am so proud of you. You're strong in adversity, yet you have such a gentle spirit about you. I love you so much and I know there are great things ahead for you!

Happy 30th Birthday Sharaya!  

No comments: