Sunday, March 10, 2013

Dumping

I'm sorry. I know this blog has been completely neglected lately. Things have been, well, unusually busy. For us anyway. We're typically not your average busy family with therapy appointments and school plays and soccer practice and IEP meetings... but lately it seems life is just dumping on us. Not necessarily all bad just... full.

We had a change of plans this week due to our son-in-law ending up in the ER. He's back home and doing okay. Not out of the woods yet though.

Our church hosted and we volunteered at a pastors conference on Thursday and Friday where Anne Graham Lotz (Billy Graham's daughter) spoke about the need to wake up the church. Thursday we had over 3000 people attend, a lot more than we were expecting! A good problem to have but we were exhausted by the end of the night. We had to be back very early the next morning and when you factor in the 45 minute drive each way, it didn't leave much time for sleep! A lot of pastors re-dedicated their lives to the work of Christ and many of them spent quite a while in the altar, praying and seeking the Lord. It was truly an amazing two days that changed the lives and hearts of many. God is so good.

The good news: our Sunday school class is going well.
The bad news: our Sunday school class is going well.

We often have 6-8 kids in class each week and as thankful as I am to serve these families, we've been doing it now for more than 3 years without a break. It's getting to the point where I barely pick up my feet when we leave. I'm so, so tired and basically drag myself out to the car. Even today, I'm embarrassed to admit this but I thought I smelled smoke during the first service and my thought was, 'Maybe if we hear the fire alarm, we won't have to teach Sunday school!' Yea, not good. I definitely need a break. There are two other teachers who have stepped forward to volunteer and I'M SO GRATEFUL!! They've been helping in the class for the last few weeks, getting to the know kids and the routine.

This week is just beginning and it's going to be busy as well. I'll really try to post more next week.

I know, I think I said that last week...

4 comments:

Caz Stone said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Caz said...

I hope you get the rest you need soon Cindy. Self care is important in order to keep up all the support you give to your church and family.
Also, I've been in situations where I've welcomed fire alarms too....

Nan said...

all shall be well, all shall be well, all manner of things shall be well (to quote Julian of Norwich).

Oh my goodness, ER doesn't sound good. But I will hold you all in my prayers.

Sue Adelman said...

Hi! We are in Seattle too! Dev is 16, we moved here from Michigan about 3 years ago.
Hope all are well, maybe we can connect some day.
Sue Adelman
www.raiseExpectations.com