Sunday, August 12, 2012

We Forgot One Thing

Thirty years ago today we rehearsed.

I think it was the Lord that prompted me to have our rehearsal two days before the wedding instead of the traditional night before. Everyone was there except the photographer.

The next day we called his house and his roommate said he had gone out of town and wouldn't be back for a few days.

What?!?!?!

Now this was before cell phones and his roommate didn't know exactly where he had gone, just that he had gone to LA for the weekend. (We were in San Diego.)

So 24 hours before our wedding, we were searching for a photographer. Thank goodness, Chuck's mom had a friend at work who enjoyed photography as a hobby. Even though she had guests visiting from out of town, she was willing to come take pictures of our wedding.

She showed up right on time, camera in hand. But at the end of the day we realized we had forgotten to take one important photo.

A picture of Chuck and me.

Don't ask me how we missed that! We actually have a picture of Chuck, me and the pastor, but not one of just the two of us. No one thought of it, not the photographer, not me, my family... I don't know what we were thinking!

4 comments:

JC said...

lol...too funny!

Laura said...

My parents had a photographer at their wedding but he forgot the flash so all the pictures didn't turn out. So they have no pictures from their wedding except a few snapshots that friends took! They have been married 36 years this October:)

Caz said...

Congratulations on 30 years! We haven't got any photo's of our wedding...long story...

Beth said...

Makes me think of my wedding...
It was the time when home camcorders were brand new. Our neighbor bought one the day before the wedding. He offered to record the ceremony. Everything seemed fine until we received the VHS tape. It started off with the bridesmaids walking down the aisle, one by one. Then there is a split second view of me at the back of the church, followed by 30 minutes of video of the carpeting!
Of course, we weren't planning to have it videotaped in the first place, so it wasn't a big deal.
I think some times the real memory is better without visual aids.