Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Sherbet

There hasn't been a lot happening around here this week.

Work has been crazy for both Chuck and I. We come home exhausted and dazed but thankfully Diana has been doing all the cooking lately! Last night we had chicken strips rolled in croissant biscuits, roasted potatos and baby carrots with this amazing glaze of brown sugar and... I forget what all's in it but it was SO good! Thank you Diana!

Ryan and Sharaya celebrate their 4th Anniversary this week. They are going to Leavenworth, a small Bavarian type town not far from us. We'll keep Allie overnight, then Ryan's mom will take her the next day. Doesn't seem like all that wedding planning was 4 years ago! Today they're just another typical American family. Congratulations Sharaya and Ryan! We love you guys!

Beth... I'm seriously wondering if she might be color blind. Today Beth wore the most interesting outfit to karaoke and art class. I took her shopping a few weeks ago and she got some new pants and shirts. I've seen her wear one shirt one time. The rest of the time she wears the same 3 or 4 outfits. Old outfits. This morning I asked her why she wasn't wearing her new clothes and she gave me the answer she always gives to every question, a shoulder shrug and "I dunno." "Yes you do Beth, why haven't you been wearing your new clothes?" (I'm racking my brain trying to remember what she said and for the life of me I can't remember.)

She decided to go downstairs and change. I was wondering what she was going to wear, maybe the gray pants and red shirt? Or the orange pants and brown shirt... then she came around the corner. She was wearing the orange pants, a purple shirt and a neon pink jacket.

Okaaay.

I mentioned to her that it was supposed to be 80 degrees out today and she probably wouldn't need the jacket. So back downstairs she went. Came back up - still wearing the jacket - but under it she had changed into a dark purple polo with no sleeves. I love my daughter but she looked like a bowl of sherbet!

It's times like this I don't know if I should put my foot down and dress her myself or just let her go as is.

Today she went as is. I hope she doesn't melt.

4 comments:

JC said...

I don't know, this makes me smile...I would let her go as is :)

Caz said...

I really hope she didn't melt...and that you had another nice meal ready for you after work.

Kristin said...

Oh Leavenworth - went there years ago. I should go back!

Becca said...

I love sherbert!!! I think she's expressing herself beautifully. :-)