Monday, February 15, 2010

Special Connections

Our Sunday school class went well yesterday. One mom brought her autistic son, believing our class was during first service. I felt so bad! But she brought him in during second service to see the room and meet his new teachers. :)

He loved the large, carpeted stairs and even layed down on them when his mom said it was time to go! We did have one student, a girl with a seizure disorder. We've known her parents for a few years and she was thankful to have a class that will be able to meet her daughters needs with one on one attention. She also enjoyed the stairs! We climbed to the top and danced to the music pouring from the CD player!

Unfortunitely Beth was unable to be there. She has been home the last few days with a terrible cold. I kept her home from work today, but it looks like she is getting better! Woo hoo!!

I'm not as nervous as I was last week. I know we are meeting a great need and I am excited to get to know those precious kids!

No comments: