Saturday, August 6, 2022

Help! I Want You Back!

I've just learned that Feedburner is no longer allowing email subscriptions. I thought I saw something about this a long time ago but nothing ever changed. I'm not tech savvy enough to understand what exactly was going to happen... and now I'm not getting many of your blogs in my email anymore! It's been a couple of weeks and I've been trying to figure out what happened. Now I know.

I've tried going to some of your blogs to follow there but that doesn't always work. Bloglovin' says the page isn't available; some blogs don't show a way to follow... does anyone have any ideas for getting blog notifications? I miss you guys!! 😟

6 comments:

Pamela M. Steiner said...

I guess I'd have to go back go through all the steps again to remember how I got to where I am today regarding this. I still get your blogs on my "reading list", because I have it set up in my layout to maintain a list of blogs I follow, but I have to manually add each blog url to the list and then the updates will show up in my reading list. Not sure how else to explain it. I'd have to go back to my settings/layout, etc., to find all the steps. Maybe some more tech savvy people can explain it better than I can. Good luck.

Terri D said...

I use Feedly and it works fine for me. You tell it what blog or news app you want to follow and new ones show up each day. Try Feedly.com. Takes a bit to learn your way around, but it does work well.

Mandy said...

I use Feedly as well and love it! Hope you can get your favorites back soon.

ellen b. said...

I use Feedly, also. It lets me know if any new posts are up.

Regina said...

For my page there is a square that says follow by email that you fill out. Because Google Blogger dropped FeedBurner about a year ago or each blogger had to find another way for email subscribers to get their posts. I ended up just switching to a new blog host (Wordpress) altogether because I couldn't figure out how to post a link on my old blog for people to follow me via email.

Doris said...

I am not tech savey either. Nothing changed for me that I know of...I still see blogs I follow on the reading list. Lord help if anything would change and I'd have to redo it!!!