Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Attitude Adjustment

Thank you for all your comments on my posts. 
I've answered them all in my head. 😁

I got my car washed


 
Planted the begonia Sharaya gave to me on Mother's Day. 
And included the painted rock from Allie. 💖

 
 The bunnies are still showing up every morning.
This week there were two of them.


Work has been... challenging.
I told myself I was done. 
I was going to quit and ask for my old job back.
(I still do my old job, I would just quit all the extra stuff.)
But the Lord has reminded me:
"This isn't my life I'm living. It's His."
And He gave me this job.
I'm doing it for a reason.
It's hard... for a reason.
So now I'm asking the Lord to change my attitude.
Once and for all.
I'm tired of the back and forth.
I'm tired of my bad attitude toward my job.
It's a great place to work.
I love the people.
We have fun.
Change me Lord.



Beth has been walking a lot lately.
Even just around the backyard to get in more steps!

 
Today we're taking my sister and her granddaughter out and about in Seattle. Unfortunately the Space Needle is closed, we want to avoid CHOP... but there are a few places we have in mind.

Talk to you soon!

6 comments:

Cathy said...

Have fun in Seattle!

Susan said...

Your desk looks like mine before I retired in 2011. I was in Seattle back in 2006. We stayed a few days after coming back from a cruise. We did a lot of exploring. I found a Knitting store to visit since I was reading a fiction book on knitting. We did go to the Space Needle. We also took a boat ride to the San Juan Islands. We really enjoyed that! Have fun.

Billie Jo said...

Have fun.
Be safe!
Hugs!

ellen b. said...

I don't think I've ever taken visitors to Capitol Hill so I could avoid that area. I'm sure you will find some things that are still peaceful in Seattle to share with your sister. Hope things get easier with your new responsibilities at work.

Pamela M. Steiner said...

I hope you have a good visit with your sister and family. I will pray for you regarding your job. I had a very similar job at a large church before retiring. It was very tiring, and I often had to pray for peace of mind and the right attitude. May God give you grace for each new day. May He lift you up and encourage you right when you need it most. Praying for your strength and peace of mind in every situation. God is able. Take care and may God bless you with His love and peace.

Diwakar said...

Hello sister Cindy. I am a Pastor from Mumbai India. I AM GLAD TO stop by your profile on the blogger and the blog post. I am also blessed and feel privileged and honoured to get connected with you as well as know you and your family. I am so blessed by your blog post on "So Busy- So-Thankful". Beth is a blessing and a precious treasure and a gift of God with her special needs. We had one child in our church and he was a blessing to his family as well as to the church. When ever we will go to his home for prayer he will be so excited and glad to meet us and church members too. I love getting connected with the people of God around the globe to be encouraged strengthened and praying for one another. I have been in the Pastoral ministry for last 40 yrs in this great city of Mumbai a city with a great contrast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. We reach out to the poorest of poor with the love of Christ to bring healing to the brokenhearted. We also encourage young and the adults from the west to come to Mumbai to work with us during their vacation time. We would love to have Diana who loves travelling and as she has travelled to Ireland, London and Australia of course Sharaya too who has travelled to Londo and Paris but has a cute child and may not be able to travel but Diana if she is still single can travel to Mumbai India and stay with us and work with us in the slums of Mumbai and also go to see the places of tourist interest. I am sure she will have a life changing experience and rewarding time visiting places of tourist attraction. Looking forward to hear from you very soon. God's richest blessings on you your family and friends as well as wishing you and your family a blessed and a Christ centered rest of the year 2020. My email id is: dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is diwakar Wankhede