Tuesday, June 9, 2020

It's Going To Take Some Getting Used To

I'm writing this at 11:30pm and am wondering where the day went.

 I went into work for a few hours this morning, then Chuck and I went to a post-op appointment with the surgeon. She said the incision is healing well and she won't need to see him again.

On our way home we stopped at Kerry Park overlooking Seattle.  It's just a small park in between a few houses but the view is amazing!




We came home, I did some laundry, had dinner and then I made some phone calls for work. The girls got here and had all the stuff for s'mores so they built a fire and we sat outside for a while.



Then we came inside and played the rowdiest game of Mexican Train ever!! Sharaya put on Les Miserables and the three of them sang At. The. Top. Of. Their. Lungs. while we played!

You start the game by 'shuffling' the dominoes, moving them around and around to mix them up. Then you match the dots and build your 'train'. At the end of each round you count up your points and then turn the dominoes over to begin again. They started 'fighting' over them, trying to grab as many as they could, we were laughing so hard! When it was over Sharaya quoted the movie Hook, "That was a great game!"







And now it's after midnight and I have to get up and go to work in the morning. Ugh. I've really enjoyed this time off and going back to work every day is going to take some getting used to! 

I hope you all have a wonderful day!

6 comments:

Susan said...

Smores are so tasty and messy! I have never heard of that game but it sounds fun. Maybe I should bring out our Dominoes. Sorry you have to go back to work. I am retired. Prayers for your husbands Chemo.

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Love to see the family having such fun together. That is priceless. Yeah, I wouldn't want to go back to work either. Thankfully I am now retired and don't have to, but I remember how it felt. But I guess the good thing is, you DO have a job to go to, as many don't who wish they did, or their places of work are still closed. So I guess that is a good way to look at it. Hope you have a good week at work. May the Lord bless you. Good news about your hubby!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

What a beautiful view. My mother in law plays that game. Keeping Chuck in my prayers.

Rebecca Jo said...

Its going to be some adjustment I know when I go back to work too!

ellen b. said...

Looks like you had a great day. That's about 3 hours past our bedtime around here. :)

Jeanie said...

Sounds like a wonderful day to me. I haven't played Mexican train in probably six or more years but it was always fun, even though I feel like I'm relearning it every time. You have long deserved a day like this!