Saturday, October 14, 2017

Magnets and Memories

Sharaya and Allie brought back this amazing magnet from their trip to California! I like to collect magnets from all our trips and this has become one of my favorites!





Diana met them in L.A. and they had such a great time!

 
 I helped at a friends memorial today. He had been ill for quite some time but still died far sooner than expected.

 

 
Some of the family in prayer before the memorial.


We celebrated Sharaya's birthday last week. Diana of course, was in PA and Beth was sick so it was a small celebration at Red Robin, but it was good!


Beth's birthday was this week, with Nick... at Red Robin. She's feeling much better.


I came out of the grocery store a few days ago to find this:


Just lovely. I had to crawl through from the passenger side and my gear shift is between the seats! :(

 My sister Debbie is visiting this week! Her and a friend are driving up from San Diego and should be here any minute!


Do you collect things when you travel? 
Do you have any trips planned? 
I hope you have a wonderful week!

4 comments:

Adelaide Dupont said...

When I travel I collect maps, brochures and art books.

My Nanna used to collect spoons and it was good to see spoons in an opportunity shop [what British people call a charity shop and Americans a thrift shop].

I think I might take a cruise and host a German guest while she is travelling.

One of my Uncles is in Japan at the moment because of a Japan Foundation prize.

Bethany Carson said...

I collect lots of photos when I travel--if that counts!
Happy birthday to Beth and Sharaya!

Rebecca Jo said...

Happy birthday Beth!!!! Looks like she had a fun dinner celebration.
UGHHHH - why do people park like that - its why I park at the end of the parking lot.
Magnets is a fun way to get memories. It'd be cool to get a piece of metal & frame it & use that as your holder for them all.

Diwakar said...

Hello Cindy. I am a Pastor from Mumbai, INDIA. I am glad to stop by your profile on the blogger and the blog post. I am also blessed and feel privileged and honored to get connected with you as well as know you and about your family. I am blessed to go through your blog post " Magnet And Memories". Pictures of your family reflect the love of Christ on their faces. I love getting connected with the people of God around the globe to be encouraged,strengthened and praying for one another. I HAVE been in the Pastoral ministry for last 38 yrs in this great city of Mumbai a city with a great contrast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. We reach out to the poorest of poor with the love of Christ to bring healing to the brokenhearted. We also encourage young and the adults from the west to come to Mumbai to work with us during their vacation time. We would love to have young young kids in the latter teens come to Mumbai with their friends. I am sure they will have a life changing experience. My email id is: dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede. Looking forward to hear from you very soon. God's richest blessings on you, your family and friends.