Sunday, August 17, 2014

Sideways Quarters

Beth spent just about all of her money on our vacation last month and then didn't get a paycheck because she was gone... so we had to get out the change jar!

We poured out a bunch of change and separated it all. I showed her how to count and stack the coins so they would match each roll: groups of 4 quarters, 10 dimes, etc.

At first she tried to roll the pennies but couldn't get her fingers all the way in the tube. So we did quarters instead. Much better. :)

The hardest part was trying to get the quarters flat once they were in the tube. You know how they'll slip and end up on their edge, then she couldn't figure out how to get it flat again with her finger still in the tube... but she kept trying!

She stuffed them, folded over the tops and then we took them to the bank.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
This girl loves her cash! One time when she was little, my mom had taken her and her sisters to the mall. My mom gave them each a nickel or dime or something to throw into the fountain. Both Diana and Sharaya threw theirs in right away but Beth looked at hers and stuck it in her pocket! :)
 

2 comments:

Meredith said...

I wish my hair were long like Beth's - it's so pretty! I like to poach from my husband's loose change tub, but I never contribute. =)

Caz said...

We still resort to the change jar every no wand then. Hope payday is soon!