Friday, April 12, 2013

Not A Morning Person

Ryan has been doing really well lately, but he recently ran out of medicine and can't get more until he sees a doctor. They haven't had the money for the doctor's visit so... I have Allie today. They all came over for dinner last night and after we ate, he laid on the couch, put his head on Sharaya's leg and pulled his hoodie up over his head.

I so wish I could make it better. Just snap my fingers (or cross my arms, nod my head and blink! Anyone else remember I Dream of Jeanie?!) and destroy depression forever. It's a horrible disease.

Allie arrived at 7:00 this morning. Have I mentioned that I'm not a morning person? It's one thing to wake up early and sit quietly at the kitchen table sipping a cup of hot tea, but waking up early to hang out with a 3 year old?! Needless to say, I'm typing this while trying to keep my eyes open.

We had breakfast, colored in our coloring books, watched Dora...

 



Danced to some 80's Psalty the Singing Songbook ablums...



 


Played with bubbles, ate lunch, read books... and now she's asleep in our room. Whew!

About the time I was putting her down, Beth came home from job class. It's a class she goes to every week because she's unemployed. Going on three years now. As soon as they (the vocation service) find her a job, she won't have to go to job class anymore!

She has a questionnaire from bowling that we needed to fill out. They ask the kids all about themselves, favorite holiday, favorite pet, if you were the president of the U.S. what would you do? If you had all the money in the world, how would you spend it? That sort of thing. Then each week they write about one bowler in their newsletter. They get their picture taken, it's really a big thing and the kids love it. The president question? Beth wrote, 'I'd help people find a job.'


  

5 comments:

Caz said...

I love the second photo of Allie dancing, such energy.
So many big big issues in here. I will hope for good results from doctor's visits, and a job for Beth, and a quiter start to your mornings.

Caz said...

that should be quieter start...

Unknown said...

wow this sounds like my day with a daycare!! i love the dancing!! we are always rocking on tunes! i always feel like Dora is always screaming...i am not sure!! good luck on the job search! smiles

Angel The Alien said...

I definitely understand about the depression thing, and BOY do I know about running out of meds and not having enough money to buy more! Plus with certain meds, such as Celexa, you go through withdrawal symptoms when you suddenly stop taking it, so you end up feeling dizzy, nauseous, shivery, crabby, AND depressed. It totally sucks. I hope they find a way for Ryan to get the meds he needs so he can feel better. Unmedicated, depression really is a debilitating condition. :(

Angel The Alien said...

P.S.... just thought of this... I never tried it because I was too nervous, but people have suggested it to me before... could he go to the emergency room? IF he says he is feeling extremely depressed and withdrawing from his meds, they might give him a prescription or at least some sample pills to tide him over. It would probably be expensive in the long run, but at least they wouldn't have to pay for it right away?