The last two trips were fun and basically stress free. This one, not so much. Let me just give you lighlights, then I'll add some pictures.
- Flew out of Seatac Airport, 4 hour layover in Philadelphia
- After 3 1/2 hours, told there was mechanical problems. More waiting
- Once in the air, passenger had medical emergency
- Landed on tarmac, took a bus to the terminal
- Security in Germany, taken aside and questioned about curling iron
- Taken to a separate room, had to demonstrate use of curling iron
- Doesn't speak German
- Loses drivers license in airport.
- Arrive in Paris late, hotel says sorry, now they are full
- Found different hotel. Missed Cannes Film Festival
- Phone stops receiving texts. No internet service
- Disneyland Paris - hit head on restraint on Space Mountain
- Spends rest of day with ringing in ears, not able to hear
- Finally arrive in London. Loves hotel and city!
- Volcano erupts
- Flight delayed. For hours.
- Lands in North Carolina
- Has one hour to get through customs and catch connecting flight
- Gets to counter. Told she is booked for following day
- Almost bursts into tears
- Attendant gets her on plane.... and upgrades her to first class!
Her hotel room in Paris.
You enter the park through the Disneyland Hotel
She said the park seemed to be geared toward the architecture and restaurants, more than the rides.
It's a Small World
Their image of the good 'ol USA
She was in London at the same time as President Obama
And what is a trip to London without a picture of Big Ben!
She said it was 9:00 and the clock was chiming!
What an adventure! SO glad she's home!