Friday, July 10, 2026

Just Got Back

Hi everyone,

We just got back from an 11-day road trip. Left Seattle on June 27, and headed east on Highway 2. We did a little sightseeing, and visited family, it was a really fun, relaxing trip.

We got home Wednesday night, and we're slowly getting back into our routines. Beth was most excited about sleeping in her own bed. Some of the hotels had very tall beds and she struggled with getting in and out of them. One hotel did have small ottomans that she was able to use to get up on the bed. We decided on our next road trip we'll bring our small, foldable step stool, just in case.

I will try to post this weekend and get back to reading soon!

We took this in one of the many hotels we stayed in -



10 comments:

NanaDiana said...

Thanks for visiting. my blog and leaving a comment. I am really happy you had a nice get-away. Taking a folding step stool next time sure makes sense. xo Diana

Terri D said...

Welcome home!! I agree with Beth! Your own bed always feels best when you've been out on the road, staying in hotels! Rest up!!

Barb said...

Hi Cindy~ Sounds like a fun trip! I'm looking forward to seeing photos of all the fun!!

Susan said...

Sounds like you guys had a nice vacation. It is always nice to get back to our own beds after a vacation.

ellen b. said...

Welcome home. It's always good to add conveniences to trips away from home when you have a car you can haul stuff in. :)

Jeanie said...

Trips are wonderful and fun, but sometimes it feels especially good to get home.

Billie Jo said...

It is fun to go, and even better to be home! I am with Beth. I LOVE sleeping in my own bed! Have a cozy weekend, my friend!

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Oh, okay, I guess you are already home. I was reading your newer post, and didn't realize you were already back from your trip! I'm looking forward to hearing more about it. What I've seen so far was pretty good!!!

Leslie Roberts Clingan said...

Adorable family photo. I really like Beth's top!! Very pretty colors on her.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Glad you had a nice trip.