Wednesday, October 19, 2022

Donuts, Curls, and Hawks

 On Beth's birthday she wanted me to curl her hair. It usually doesn't keep a curl but we thought it turned out pretty good! She was getting ready to go to All Aboard, where they danced, did art and celebrated all the October birthdays. She looks forward to it every year!
 

 I pulled into the parking lot at work earlier this week to find someone had done donuts in the recently re-paved lot. They really tore it up! I don't know if you can see them but there are bits of rubber all over the place. I don't understand why people have to be so destructive. If our parking lot looks this bad, I can only imagine what his/her tires look like!
 


 We got to go to a Seahawks game last weekend. The girls got the tickets for us as a gift and we had such a great time. We rode the light rail downtown then walked a few blocks to the stadium. We bought a burger and fries then headed to our seats. We ate while all the pregame stuff was going on. It's amazing just how much stuff happens behind the scenes, things you don't see on TV. There's so much activity on the sidelines, I found myself watching a lot of that instead of the game! A handler brought the live mascot - a hawk named Taima to our area and was showing him off. We got a partial view of the front of him and he's a beautiful bird.





 

 We got the faucet and toilet installed this week. That faucet is just amazing! I told Chuck I felt so wealthy! 😊 We bought one with a soap container because our old sink had a sprayer and we needed something to fill the hole. We used to keep the dish soap on the counter and it was so ugly. Chuck said the guys took the sink outside to sand the old rust and stuff off of it so now it sits flush with the counter. They put on new sealant and now it even feels like a new sink, even though it's our old one. They shortened up some of the pipes and tubes that were always in the way under the sink. They went above and beyond when they installed it! I'm so happy with it!

Before and After


 
Have you bought any new gadgets lately?

9 comments:

Jeanie said...

What a fun day out! I know what you mean about the sidelines -- far more interesting!

Your new faucet is so elegant with such wonderful, clean lines. It looks beautiful. Nope, I haven't bought anything new but Rick finally did get my dishwasher up and working so it FEELS new!

Cathy said...

I love that sink and faucet. Gorgeous! It sounds like you had a lot of fun at that game. Beth's hair is pretty.

16 blessings'mom said...

What a difference! My older kids bought us a new kitchen faucet a few years ago, we always had the nineteen dollar cheapos. It's so nice! (My husband tends to go for functional, not fancy, ha). Beth's hair looks lovely, she looks happy. Della

ellen b. said...

So sorry about the pranksters in your church parking lot. Ugh! Nice that Beth could enjoy the curls and time at All Aboard. What beautiful weather for that Seahawks game. Oh boy that's a loaded question about gadgets. We just refurbished our guest bath with lots of new things. I'll have to post on the blog soon. Enjoy the upcoming weekend.

Terri D said...

Nothing new for about five years, but I love my kitchen faucet which is very much like yours! The soap dispenser is in place of the old sprayer here, too! Beth's hair looks fabulous! I'm sure she felt like a princess at her celebration!! xo

Billie Jo said...

Lots to love here! Beth's hair looks beautiful! The game looks so fun! And I LOVE your new sink situation! Good things all around, my friend!

Barb said...

Hi Cindy~ Beth's hair looks adorable!! Good job mom! I have never been to a professional ball game, it looks amazing! We try to go to our little home town team...the Chucker's . . . it's always fun. Your sink looks really nice, I love the faucet, very pretty. I will never understand why people have to ruin things, I'm so sorry that happened. Have a great Friday! Hugs, Barb

Mandy said...

I am glad to see Beth is feeling better and enjoying herself! Her hair looks so cute! I think we will have to buy new bathtub fixtures for our master bath. I think age has finally caught up with them!

onceuponatimehappilyeverafter.com said...

I have bought a half-dozen things to keep track of my dish soap, sponge, scrubber, the sink stoppers. Nothing holds it all and still looks halfway decent. Hate having all that junk sitting out. Your new faucet and soap dispenser look very nice. What a great idea to have a built-in soap dispenser!!

Beth's hair looks so pretty. It is such a nice color and shiny, too!! I have some very old electric curlers that work well and the curl stays in for a whole day. Might look into those for Beth. She might be able to do that herself on the days she wants curls. Glad for her good time.