Wednesday, January 4, 2017

It Wasn't As Crazy As We Expected

A few days after Christmas Beth and I ventured to the mall. We both got gift cards for Christmas and we really wanted to spend them! I usually don't go anywhere near a shopping mall before or after the holidays but for some reason we decided to be brave and try it. 

It wasn't as bad as we were expecting. Maybe all the craziness of returning gifts and getting those after Christmas deals had worn off.

We wandered through JC Penney and Beth found some pajamas and I got a new bathrobe.


After we'd been out for a while we both got really hungry and realized neither one of us had eaten any dinner! So we went to the only obvious place to eat at the mall... 


Yummy!!


Before we left we stopped to buy some new calendars.


When we got home we pulled out last years calendars and filled in people's birthdays and anniversaries... do you do that too? Go month by month and write in all the personal dates that aren't already printed?


Beth pointed out everyone's birthday to make sure I didn't miss anyone. 


 We hope you all had a great time over the holidays!
Happy New Year!

3 comments:

Billie Jo said...

Looks like you had a great day!
And yes... I write dates in my planner too!
One of my favorite New Years activity!
Have a cozy evening, my friend. : )

Rebecca Jo said...

Gift cards are the best reason to go to the mall... with warm pretzels being second ;)

jody lynn said...

that looks like fun, i love jcp, that's the only reason i go to the mall...and perhaps a warm aunt annies pretzel too...LOL