Friday, December 9, 2016

Tis The Season!

I was cleaning out some papers and found some old lists (I'm always making lists) and one of the things on the list was 'Update Blog' and that reminded me, "Oh my gosh, the blog!! When was the last time I even posted?!"

So here I am, asking forgiveness for being away so long. I'll fill you in on what's been happening around here.

Allie turned 7. Sharaya had her party at the Pacific Science Center and it was so much fun! She's really into space and astronauts so it was the perfect venue. The kids got to check out the museum and there was a host who even did science experiments with the kids. 

Here she's making the ice cream that they ate with the cake!



We finally refinanced our home. We started the process back in the summer months and it became such a circus that the appraisal company returned all our money. But the process is finally over and now we can work on putting a new roof on our house.

I bought a new car. It's a long story as to why, but I've been driving a 1993 Town and Country that I bought off a little old lady who drove it once a week to church. Honest! The radio didn't work, the gas gauge didn't work, see those little square patches by the windshield? It's tape holding the weatherstripping down. This poor car was old and tired.

 
 Now I drive this. It's a 2011 Hyundai and not only does the radio work, but so do the seat warmers!! This car has so many amenities compared to what I've had, I'm still in shock every time I drive it.


Last night we had our first snow of the season and I was so excited I actually stayed up until 3am just watching it snow. I'd go out and take a few pictures, then come back in and watch it some more. It's such a magical thing and so quiet and peaceful. I love watching it fall more than actually playing in it. Maybe it's just my age. :)


 
I hope you all are having a great December so far!

3 comments:

Billie Jo said...

Cindy,
Congratulations on your home and your car!
Happy times for you, my friend!
And that snow...
I am with you.
I love the peacefulness it brings.
We just had some snow here tonight!
I hope you all are having a blessed Christmas season!

Rebecca Jo said...

The first snow is always so magical.
YIPPEEE for a new car! That's so exciting!

Kristin said...

Oh, this post reminds me how much I miss the seat warmers in my old car ;) Yay for you- you'll love it!