Friday, April 22, 2011

His Passion

His passion.... is you.

This week our church is having Sabbath Week. A time for us to slow down and reflect on who Christ is and what He's done for us. We've cancelled all our evening activities (even some of the morning Bible studies were cancelled) and encouraged everyone to have family devotions if you don't already. To eat together at the dinner table, to spend extra time in the Word.

Have you seen The Passion of the Christ? We watched it last night. It's such a powerful, emotional movie. Parts of it are hard for me to watch, I usually have my hand partially covering my eyes. It's mind boggling what He did for us. For me.

I think the most difficult part, for me, is at the very end when they take Him down from the cross. After seeing the unfair trial, the brutal beatings, knowing it was all for my sins, they remove him from the cross and as Mary caresses His face she looks up. Directly at me, as if to say, "You did this! You did this to my Son!!"

It gets me every time. I cry, I can't help it. Because I did do it! He endured all of that because God the Father wanted me back. My sins separated me from Him and He wanted me back. So His Son said 'Okay, I'll go through it. For her.'

For you.

No comments: