Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Sweety Bear!!

That's what we called Sharaya when she was a toddler.


It was 24 years ago today I gave birth to her. Throughout the entire pregnancy we wondered if she would have Down Syndrome. How could we not? I think it was a natural concern given our circumstances. We denied any testing because, really, it wouldn't have made any difference. We were going to keep her no matter what. I was also wondering how I could love her when I had already given so much to Beth. Could I really love another baby as much as I loved Beth? Then I held her.


I instantly fell head over heels in love!! She was absolutely gorgeous! So small and helpless. Then I felt guilty for thinking I could never love her. Oh, the many emotions of a new mom. :)

Growing up she was so calm, cool and collected. Someone once told her that they were never sure if she was happy or sad or hurt or angry because she was always even tempered. As a toddler she went by Raya. When she started school, she changed it to Shara. (Share - uh.) Some family and friends still call her that! Entering high school, she went by Sharaya (Shuh - ray -  uh) and she still does today.


The Lord wired her with all the right tools to be Beth's sister. He knew exactly what Beth would need, and dropped each personality trait into her.




She has brought so much joy to our lives. She can find humor in any situation and usually keeps us laughing til our sides hurt. She has such a sweet and gentle spirit. I've noticed it even more now that she's a mom. I love watching her with Allison. Allison is a blessed girl to have such an awesome mom!


Happy, happy birthday Sharaya!

No comments: