Tuesday, December 29, 2009

A confession

I began this blog thinking I would help others. That my experiences of raising Beth would be a huge benefit to those following in my footsteps. I've been through potty training, puberty, and have acquired vast amounts of knowledge in the area of childraising. :)

Honestly, I was a little pompous in my idea that I had reached the finish line. Beth was 25 and I was basically done! Woo hoo!! Let me impart my wisdom on you! Yea, now it's time for me to eat some humble pie.

I have been reading your blogs and am humbled at your lives. You are experiencing moments with your children that leave me breathless. The various diagnosis you've received fill my eyes with tears and my heart with pain. Some of you hear it from the doctors year after year! Yet you wake up the next day and you keep going.

You are an inspiration to me!! Your determination to live life despite your circumstances has given me hope and reminded me to always look for the good in life. I tend to be a pessimist but your blogs are changing me! Keep writing! You are making a difference in the lives of others!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So many of us bloggers have much younger children than Beth, and certainly find the perspective of a parent with a grown child to be very inspirational and helpful! I just found your blog after your comment on mine today, and will definitely be back! I look forward to reading much more about Beth!

(by the way, this is Rebecca from The Bates Motel - posting comments from my work computer doesn't always work with my Google account, and I have to use Anonymous...)

ds.mama said...

Cindy,

Reading your blog is a huge benefit to those of us who have little ones. Please keep sharing what you have learned, what you would go back and do differently. You are making a difference on our lives! Thank you.